Llais Ifanc Reloaded

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Here We Go Again

Last year, Thomas Nelson published a special edition of the New Testament called Revolve, which was aimed at teenage girls. A month or so ago, I had the chance to thumb though a copy of Revolve. I found a volume that was unbalanced, crass, and dim towards the Bible. I wrote a review of Revolve on Amazon, if you wish to read more. Now Thomas Nelson is up to the same trick with Refuel, a New Testament for teenage guys. According to Thomas Nelson, Refuel will be "Part sports or entertainment magazine, part Bible" and "totally relevant!" Will someone pease tell me how mixing the best features of a girly mag and SI will bring people to the Bible? [Insert Deity Here] only knows.

In closing, I will be closely looking at Refuel. With Revolve's track record, I am not hopeful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home