Llais Ifanc Reloaded

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Free is cool!

Yesterday I was finally able to do something besides sitting around due to the intense cold. I celebrated the end of the cold snap (for now!) be attending the library. Besides have a ton of books, they now have recent DVD's - all without rental fees. To me, it's the poor person's NetFilx. While I was at the, I found something special - the 1952 edition of the Revised Standard Version - for free! This edition is important due to the fact this was the first time the RSV Old Testament was in print (it was released the same year). I had a copy of it before, but I think I lost it or something like that.

Anyways, i'm pretty pleased to have a classic - again. Now I hope I can find a copy of the 1946 New Testament, the 1957 Apocrypha, the 1977 updated Apocrypha, the 1965 Catholic edition, plus the 1982 Reader's Digest abridgment.

That would be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home