Llais Ifanc Reloaded

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Is This Perfection?

Recently palmOne released the Tungsten E2. It improves on the previous Tungsten E by adding Bluetooth, increased processor speed, a new version of Palm OS (5.4 to be exact), and a better screen (when compared to the Zire 31). Some things remain the same, such as MP3 capability and memory size. While this is a small step, I'm excited about the possibilities of Bluetooth. From what I've read, it seems to be pretty amazing technology. Having MP3 on there seems to be another plus; it means I won't have to carry about that many gadgets! I really hope it is pretty stable. Some display Tungsten E's I have seen lack this. There is one thing I don't like. I wish palmOne would get rid of the Graffiti silkscreen and switch completely to virtual Graffiti (now it's a pref). It would be a bit easier.

With everything I have seen, I can't wait to try it.

1 Comments:

  • I have the original Tungsten E, and I've been quite pleased with it so far. I upgraded from an old m125 shortly after a certain friend (if you could call him that) jammed the edge of a table into the m125's display. This doesn't seem like a big step for me, though. They may have it using flash memory, but I have everything installed to a removable 512MB Secure Digital card, to prevent that from happening in the first place. I'm looking into the Palm WiFi card, as I don't have a Bluetooth adapter for my computer. Display brightness has never been an issue with me - I usually turn it down, as to conserve the battery. As for the Graffiti area, I also wish that they would have removed it. Back with my m125, I had learned Graffiti 1, which is different from Graffiti 2. So far, I haven't bothered to learn the new method and just use the on-screen keyboard instead. Personally, I liked G1 much better than G2, as I found it easier to write with.

    The E's MP3 player is a version of RealPlayer for PalmOS. I use mine frequently as an MP3 player, and I've had it crash once. Even then, you just need to reset the system (these newer models have tools that will spare you needing to find a pin/pencil/etc...), and go back to what you were doing. For the most part, you're back up and running in less than thirty seconds.

    By Blogger Don, at 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home