Llais Ifanc Reloaded

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Corruption of Blood

I was recently on the ABC News site reading the news and found this most interesting article about these two twin girls performing under the name of Prussian Blue. Unlike other girl groups, these young children spout out your average white supremacist views (hatred of black folks, jewish folks, praise of Nazi Germany, etc.). I first thought this was a joke, but it appears to be real.

My reaction is simple. It's a shame that children - which are our future and our most precious resource - being used, yes, used in this way. From the Wikipedia and ABC articles, it appears that their mother is involved in white supremacist causes. This makes me think that these children are being coached by higher-ups. In other words, do these kids really believe this racist trash? I tend to doubt it. The British newspaper The Sun described these kids as the "Cute Klux Klan". I think that is fitting for obvious reasons.

I do have one comforting thought about this whole sad story. Avowed racists and their ilk are now safely on the fringes of Usian society, so they (hopefully) will never find a wide audience for their "music".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home