Llais Ifanc Reloaded

Monday, February 11, 2008

Grammy night!

Last night was the Grammys! To my pleasure Amy Winehouse racked the the awards winning Best New Artist, Best Song, Best Record, Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, and Best Pop Vocal Album for Back to Black. Her problems aside, Winehouse deserves to do well! With the crap coming out now, she has the talent to back up her efforts. After first hearing Rehab, I was a bit skeptical. I then brought the album. After hearing You Know I'm No Good, I was hooked! Winehouse's lyrics are real, gritty, and as I said, backed up by her incense talent.

As for the other big award of Best Album, that was a big shock with Herbie Hancock getting the nod for River: The Joni Letters, a Joni Mitchell tribute album. I was also amazed to see Kanye West not doing so well as predicted, being confined to the Rap category. Personally, I was glad the various American Idol folks do not win that many awards. It's a cheaping of music these days (not that it hasn't been that way already).

Overall, amongst an interesting (but dull) show, with an interesting outcome.

Now where's *my* Grammy?

:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home